Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What causes the white spots on nails?

Hey everyone :)


I have heaps and heaps of white spots on my nails and I really want to know what causes them. I've asked a heap of people and everybody has a different answer so if I could have the ACTUAL answer that would be greatly appreciated! Also if you can, tell me how to get rid of them?





Thanks in advance xWhat causes the white spots on nails?
I was always told that it was from not getting enough calcium but every single day I drink a glass of full cream milk and sometimes I got the white spots and other times I was completely free of them. All the while, my calcium intake never changed. I've asked the doctor as well and they have confirmed that this is a myth, or an old wives tale if you prefer.





The white spots are actually caused by damage to the nail in the area whilst it is still under the skin. If you bang your hand around, or knock it in that general area (it doesn't have to be very hard at all, in fact you probably wouldn't even notice doing it) because the nail under that skin is still soft and unformed it causes it damage and that is what the white spot is once your nail grows out.





You can prevent them just simply by being more careful and taking better care of yourself. Stop banging your hands around, stop doing (r be more careful whilst doing) outside or other 'hands on' work.What causes the white spots on nails?
Actually, the biggest cause of that is due to previous injury to the nail bed.


Basically, it's like a bruise to your skin.


Everyone gets them, it's nothing to be worried about.





They could also be the result of a zinc deficiency, but if that was the case, you would probably also be experiencing hair loss and a slow immune system. Certain kinds of nail polish, and nail polish remover could cause this as well, being a mild nail allergy.





Hope this helps!
I get a few of them now and then..


It's generally for deficiencies.. often calcium


Drink more milk and eat more calcium-containing foods - that should get rid of it.


I've also had a few friends in the past who had these spots from an iron-deficiency, so that might be the case for you aswell.


Just check out if your having a proper balanced diet really.
When I was growing up there was a saying that the white spots on your nails means that you told a lie. I don't know how true it is but I grew up thinking it was true.
Sometimes they can be caused by a zinc deficiency and other times (more commonly) by a slight bump or bang that you probably didn't even notice at the time. They are harmless and the only problem they cause is being sometimes unsightly.
They are calcium deposits in your nails.
Not getting enough calciumm.


DRINK YOUR MILK AND CHEESE.
i dunno! but i have them too! ive noticed that i had them more when i ate meat.......i only have a random one here and there
lack of zinc
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment