Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do Asian Nail Salons Hire White People?

i am certified in makeup, but im going to try to become a nail technician and i know the most business is at asian nail salons, so i was wondering if they ever would hire white people. i know they like to stay family/nationality oriented for many reasons especially the difficulty to converse, but i thought MAYBE they'd take a chance? i'd love everyone's opinion! thanks so much ;-)Do Asian Nail Salons Hire White People?
Some of them are family owned and they only hire within their family and close family friends. I'm sure there are some racist people who only hire people within their nationality but I've had my nails done/ eyebrows waxed by white women at a majority asian salon before so I'm sure they do! You just have to ask around. It seems like you are qualified and I'm sure if you put together a portfolio of your work it would be hard for them to resist! Good luck! =]Do Asian Nail Salons Hire White People?
Well, I have 2 aunts (asian) that own their own nail salon. My aunt Jenny has hired some before because they had skill. My aunt Anna doesn't because her's is more of close friends and family business. She isn't racist but she wanted it to be a family business. And to us asians reallly close friends are like family. It really depends, but I hope you get the job :)
Not usually, if you know the people who own the store and you're good at it then most likely. I think they usually hire other asians because they can communicate and family/friend connections.





Give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen?
Not hiring someone because of race is illegal.





Proving it is another matter but if an entire shop is all one minority and they refuse you despite needing help then you probably have a complaint.
Ask around... Most of these places are family run, but as you know most places Asian or not will rent a station.
if u got good skill, yes.


but asian nail salon will most likly have more asian customers. if u don't speak chinese, then it's hard.
as long as you have skill, yeah.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuxCw2iCe_TLbvhbW7EewhPsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090517193045AAtrWS7
You can try, but very unlikely. They don't want whity hanging around.
if they did they wouldn't be asian salons anymore
I couldn't tell you, but I know chinese restaurants don't.
not usually
i tried that And they didn't and they told me its bc of my age but big bs

No comments:

Post a Comment