Saturday, August 21, 2010

What do I need to do my own pink and white acrylic nails. How hard is it?

I'm a college student and getting really sick of paying thirty to fifty dollars to have my nails done.





It doesnt LOOK that hard, maybe I'm missing something? I can see that it will be hard to do my non dominant hand. Does anyone else do their own pink and whites?





I'm assuming I'll need the powders, metal tool for the white, pink. Brush, liquid, primer... and a file of some sort..What do I need to do my own pink and white acrylic nails. How hard is it?
If you have a Sally Beauty Supply where you live you can purchase a kit that has all the tools you need including brushes. Otherwise, look for a beauty supply store. They should have a kit. You need powders, the liquid to add to the powder, tips, glue %26amp; a buffer. I tried it and they looked like crap. Practice would probably not make perfect but it would look better after a while.What do I need to do my own pink and white acrylic nails. How hard is it?
Hi there,





To do your own acrylic nails at home


You will need:


Monomer (liquid) from 拢10


Polymer (powder) from 拢10


Cuticle eraser/remover from 拢6


A precision pushie knife from 拢8


or an orange stick covered with a lint free wipe


A good acrylic brush from 拢15


Nail primer from 拢10


Nail dehydrator from 拢8


Lint free wipes from 拢2.50


A dappen dish from 拢2 (I use a glass tealight holder)


A pipette dropper from 拢1


A 180 grit file from 拢1


A 240 grit file from 拢1


A 3 way buffer (or hard top coat) 拢


Tips (taylor to your nail shape) 拢30


Adhesive from 拢5


Tip cutters from 拢6


Nail oil from 拢3


Nail scissors or clippers if you need to trim your nails





It isn't easy to do right if you are not trained and unless you are really careful, you could end up with an allergic reaction to the acrylic. You absolutely must not allow any product (apart maybe from the nail dehydrator) to touch any part of your skin. Always try to leave a small 1mm gap at zone 3 (the cuticle).





I do my own nails now, because I'm trained and can do it safely.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment